Wednesday 17 October 2007

GOLDENEYE ...Playing the game.


Anyone who owned a Nintendo N64 in the nineties, will have fond memories of its groovy graphics and gameplay. One of the more popular games on this slightly ill-fated console (given that it was up against the Sony Playstation) was the James Bond spin-off GoldenEye.

I can't begin to count the hours I spent trying to get out of various scrapes or being shot to blazes by my nimble fingered daughter in exotic deathmatches.

Unusual for a game of that era, it had a great soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope and Graeme Norgate. Ok it's not like the full on orchestral games scores that gamers have become used to these days (there's still one cue from Medal of Honor that has me ducking for cover) but one listen of the GoldenEye 64 soundtrack will have old gamesters going all misty eyed and reaching for their Kleenex. I know I did when I heard it again.